Thursday, April 13, 2006

Easter in Blog Town

Sister Dorcas,

I have not been at home much lately. I did stop by your place a couple of times to help Brother Cole fix a tire on his automobile.

I have been across Blog Town at the Triablogue Theological Library reading great helpings of Brother GeneM. and works from other interesting guys. Those folks are amazing. I took four ham and onion sandwiches, chips and seven diet drinks plus a thermal container of high test from Local Cafe each day I was there. I had a most wonderful time reading those guys.

I just started back home and saw everyone parked in your yard. I also see that Brother Kevin B is starting up the BBQ in your back yard. I am going to clean up, put on a fresh: VOTE ART ROGERS--MAYOR OF BLOG TOWN T- shirt and my baseball cap with FREE WADE embroidered on it, get some sweet onions from my garden and come right down.

I plan to tell you all about what I saw at Local Cafe involving the Bigalow brothers and the pastor of TBRBC next week. I do not want to deal with it now because it is so close to Easter.

I do hope everyone is still going up on the hill where Brothers Wade and Marty erected the big Cross in the Dogwood grove. I have always enjoyed that time wherein we reflect upon the price our Lord paid to save us from death, Hell, and the grave.

We have all sinned and purposely missed God's standard of holiness.

We have all earned death for our sin. Yet, God saw fit to give us the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

O! happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away. There is power in the Blood. The old rugged cross made the difference. He is risen. He is alive.

Come on let's lay everything else aside for a few moments and ya'll help me sing some songs to Jesus. Just pick one and belt out a line. The rest of us will follow. We might just have a revival start right here in Blog Town for Easter. If you want to read a favorite passage, please do so.

Come join us and celebrate Jesus on our side of town. Hey, from any town: just come and join in.

Villa Rica

13 Comments:

Blogger art rogers said...

I don't know what to do with you or Dorcas Hawker! If you two don't quit putting me up for elected office, someone might actually make the mistake of voting for me.

If you want my thoughts on Easter, by the way, I posted an article called Easter is my Favorite a couple of weeks ago.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Villa Rica - This is great! Can't wait for you to get to the BBQ, we're serving beef and pork just to keep the peace.

Art - That's the democratic process in motion. People's Choice Award. :) Of course, you know I'm one for everyone taking a turn, so if you have proof that you have already taken a turn at the national denominational level, let me know, and I might let up on the Art for President campaign ... maybe.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

That's awesome!

I want a Art for mayor t-shirt and a Free Wade Shirt!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Jeff Richard Young said...

Dear Brother V.R.,

Here's mine:

My riches gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

I'm struggling to preach to please the Lord this Easter, not to impress my family, friends, prospects, out of town visitors, etc. Please pray for me---I'm very prideful and very "showy" by nature.

Love in Christ,

Jeff

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Villa Rica,
Thanks for keeping the main thing the main story.
Your Easter is sooner than ours in Eastern Europe but it is always "it's Friday but Sunday is coming".
It is a mixed culture here with many religions that need the Truth of Easter.

Let there be an Easter in Greenboros.
CIS

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!
Refrain:
Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

2. Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior,
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)

3. Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior;
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!
(Refrain)

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But this one thing I know,
That when the crimson flow
Fell to the earth below
It fell on me.
My eyes were opened wide.
I saw Him crucified.
It was for me He died
On Calvary.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

Happy Easter Villa Rica!

He is Risen!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jeff Richard Young said...

Dear V.R.

My parents, my brother and his family, and both of my sisters and their families all came here for Easter on a sunny day in 2003. Since then, my brother has been too sick to travel. He received a long-awaited transplant a few months ago, and now he's on the mend. So after a three-year wait, my family came this weekend, and we had a great time. My father has gone on to be with the Lord in 2004, and we missed him yesterday.

Love in Christ,

Jeff

4:39 AM  
Blogger art rogers said...

VR? Where are you?

email me, if you will:

atr1300[at]yahoo[dot]com

12:38 PM  
Blogger Wes Kenney said...

Me too!

wes.kenney.tbc[at]hotmail[dot]com

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Villa,

Maybe one of the hymns we could sing for our IMB missionary brothers and sisters is "Sign the Creed" to the tune of Jesus Saves. If you do not know it, just Google Sign the Creed...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Villa Rica said...

Brother or Sister 10-40,

I am sorry that you were put into that bad situation back there. You see, I know what that was really all about. In reality that was all about one person's ego and personal desires for self advancement.

It was dressed up in many things but the above is what it really was.

Villa Rica

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home